I’m blogging about how to finish well as I tackle this area in my life where I struggle a bit.
And to help me remain accountable, plus as a way for me to test out what I’m learning, I’ve listed 20 projects that I’m working on. By 11:59 PM on December 31st, I would like to have achieved the following:
- I will have developed a strategy for one of my brands (which I started up a year and a half ago but it stalled out and has a couple of false starts since but no real progress).
- I will have published 100 articles (which is a project I started — I’m 10% done — but then got busy doing other things).
- I will be doing 3-set high-intensity circuit-training workouts 6 times a week with 30 pound weights. (I keep getting stuck at 3 circuits with 20 pound weights or 2 circuits with 30 pound weights).
- I will have finished putting together my US corporation (which has been a long and painful process to set up since I live in Canada).
- I will have completed a copywriting course. (I’m always taking courses to improve my skills and I’m currently taking one on copywriting, which I started last year but which has stalled).
- I will have published my Sales Funnel Bible book (which I finished writing in the spring but the editing has stalled).
- I will have finished the first draft of a book I’m co-writing with a friend of mine (which is actually going well but is right at the precipice of falling into an abyss of delay!)
- I will be marketing each week to a joint venture list and earning a minimum amount of weekly income from that effort (which is something I’ve been doing off and on with mixed success for the past couple of years but which I’d like to have consistent income from).
- I will finish deploying a new brand that I’ve just started. (See? not everything is stalled. I want this one to do well before I let it crash!)
- I will develop a plan for an internet television brand I put together a couple of years ago (which I put aside for a while to focus on my Sales Funnel Bible book).
- I will drywall and paint the recroom in my basement and install a bar (which is something that I’ve be ready to do since the summer but haven’t got around to yet).
- I will have finished a client’s book (which we’ve been planning to write for a while!)
- I will finish a year’s worth of newsletters for a real estate investor (which we’re in the process of doing — everything is going well there. Again, I don’t want to let it fall).
- I will finish a book for a real estate investor (which, again, is going okay so far, although the timeline is starting to alarm me).
- I will have a plan in place to start marketing one of my brands (which is going well but I’d like to push it forward more).
- I will have a plan in place to take one of my brands to a new level (which has done well but I want to take it in a new direction).
- Proprietary project #1.
- Proprietary project #2.
- Proprietary project #3.
- Proprietary project #4.
I’m sorry that some of the projects are kind of vague. I don’t want to put too much attention on some of my brands until they are ready; some of my clients like to remain behind the scenes; plus some of my projects are proprietary projects and I don’t want to give away my secret sauce here… But I’m recording that they exist even if you don’t know what they are. :)
All of these projects need some effort and attention if I’m going to carry them through to completion within the next 76 days.
Yikes! Only 76 days??? I’d better get to work!