As new entrepreneurs start up, one of their first and most important questions is: “What should I sell and should I sell it?”
Here’s a business model that continues to work. I’ve worked with many dozens of entrepreneurs who use this model; I have enjoyed using this model myself; my wife is building a business using this model; a friend is just starting up using this model.
This business model is simple, straightforward, easy to start, easy to manage, scalable, and profitable. Yes, it really is that awesome!
- Start by creating a blog about an area of expertise you are comfortable talking about. (It should be a topic that you are interested in focusing on for a while and are passionate about).
- Add content to your blog for a while. Then start up the next steps but continue to add content to your blog.
- Write a report and a series of email newsletters on your topic. Create an account at an email marketing platform (I really like Aweber.com) so subscribers will sign up to get your report and emails.
- Write an ebook about your subject matter and put it up for sale through Lulu.com or Clickbank.com.
- Create a service that you can sell (such as coaching, consulting, freelance whatever).
- Set up a Twitter account and connect with others.
- Set up a Facebook page for your business and connect with others.
- Start promoting your business. Use a variety of internet marketing and traditional marketing to get the word out.
- Continue blogging, interacting, marketing/promoting, and releasing new products or services on this topic… and if you ever want more business then just ramp it up even more!
This is SO easy for almost anyone to do. If you are thinking about starting a business, this is the fastest way to get it running.