It seems like the only thing I have to write these days is the What I’m working on this week updates. #notcomplaining
Here’s what’s on my plate this week:
- Wrapping up a few books — two print books and three Kindle books for three clients. They’re all really close to being done so I’m putting the finishing touches on them and moving them toward publishing.
- Writing autoresponders for a real estate investing client — they need them for some upsells they’re offering.
- Blog posts and magazine articles galore! I’ve got a ton of these that are due in the next week or two so I’m hoping to wrap them up this week.
The biggest project comes from a new partnership I have with an investing education website. I’m recently become a partner in their business, which will require a bunch of work from in the short term but should provide a bunch of long-term pay-offs in the coming months. I’m really excited about this new development.
Well, that’s all I have time for right now. Gotta get back to work.
Last week turned into a gongshow… I guess not in a bad way necessarily but rather because there were a million little tiny projects that needed to be taken care of — phone calls, emails, editing, etc. — instead of the work I more typically do, which is sitting down and writing a project from start to finish.
I don’t mind weeks like that because they don’t happen often and they’re a fun (hectic!) change of pace. But I’m also glad to be back at my desk now, ready to get back to what I do best.
This week I’m working on the following:
- A sales letter for a real estate investor.
- A print book for a service industry business.
- Blog posts for a handful of clients in the investing space.
- Some local SEO copy for a company that is trying to position itself in its local marketplace.
- A least one ebook (maybe even two — just waiting on confirmation of the second one).
- A couple of magazine articles.
Gotta get back to work!
This is the first “normal” week I’ve had in a month. The past 4 weeks have been pretty crazy: I spoke three times in the past month (and there’s always a lot of work that goes into into those), plus a bit of travel, plus the catching-up involved after each speech… my speaking is done for a bit and I have a full week of work ahead of me and I plan to knock out a BUNCH of work!
Here are a few of the things I’m working on for clients…
- Articles and blogs for several real estate investing clients.
- Sales letters for a couple of clients — for real estate investors and for a training company.
- An ebook for a real estate investor.
- A print book for a service business.
- Editing work that I’m wrapping up for a financial firm.
- Content marketing strategy for a real estate investor.
That’s going to keep me busy all week so I’m going to sign off and get to work.
Hi! Long time no blog.
I haven’t posted anything in 10 days and I haven’t posted one of these what-I’m-working-on-this-week updates in even longer.
The reason: I went to a conference in Columbus Ohio so there was a TON of work to do in the week leading up to the conference, then the conference itself was busy (I spoke there, so that increased its busyness for me), and then I had a bunch of catching up to do when I came home. The conference was awesome but it basically took 3 weeks out of the month of June!
Here I am, a week after returning home, and I feel like I’m back into a rhythm. So here’s what I’m working on this week:
- A real estate investing network client is doing a membership drive later this month so I’m putting together a bunch of marketing collateral for that event.
- A home services client is publishing an audio version and Kindle version of his first book, an audio version of his second book, a print version of his third book, and a print version of his fourth book. I’m writing a lot of that content and managing those pieces for him.
- I’ve got a really cool publishing partnership I’ve put together with a real estate investor so that has taken a lot of my focus. I can’t talk about it too much yet but I’ll reveal more in a little while.
- And since this month includes the beginning of a new month, that means there’s going to be a ton of blog posts to write (when possible, I like writing an entire month’s worth of blog posts at the beginning of each month — it helps me to create a consistent voice for my clients).
- And invoices… of course!
Okay, gotta get back to it. Talk at ya later!
Good morning! It’s the beginning of the week and the beginning of the month… a fresh page!
I was sick last week and struggled near the end of the week to stay on top of my work. I slept a lot. But this morning I’m feeling a lot better (not quite 100% but better nonetheless) and I’m pushing forward on my work.
This week I’m wrapping up a couple of books that were close to being finished last week but I just couldn’t quite see them through to the end. One book is for a real estate investor and it’s close to being completely done while the other book is a full first draft for a consultant.
There are a few other things I need to knock out this week — some blog posts and a couple of articles — but my push will be on these books.