What a great start to the week so far! I have an awesome Monday all lined up and the week is filling up fast.
The past few weeks have been really busy as I caught up on a bunch of stuff that I had fallen behind in (a big client project, some prep work that I’m doing with my bookkeeper for my accountant, some book writing, building a couple of sites). So those projects are more or less back on track so this week feels a little more normal. (Whew!)
Here’s what I’m working on this week:
- Writing some copy for a real estate investing company that is offering a new coaching service
- Writing a small credibility-building ebook for a real estate investor to give to motivated sellers to help position him as an expert
- Writing 6 blog posts for a real estate investing network
- Writing 10 blog posts for a client in the home services (plumbing, electrical, etc.) industry
- Writing 2 blog posts for a real estate investor in New Jersey
- Writing an ebook for a real estate investor located in Ohio
- Writing some blog posts for a real estate investor located in California
- Writing 2 magazine articles for a client
- Working on one of my books (yeah, I’m playing catch-up — I wanted it to be published by now!)
- Setting up a couple of websites — one for me and one for a client
- Adding content to a real estate investing site I just built
… and there’s more but that’s most of it.
So excited to jump into it! Talk soon. Stay awesome.
Hope you had a great weekend… And a STRONG start to the week!
It’s Presidents Day in the US and in the province where I live, it’s Louis Riel day (which is kind of a made-up holiday but that’s a long story). Anyway, it might be a day off for you but it’s not for me! I’m rocking out a bunch of work today to set the pace for a productive week.
Here are a few of the things I’m working on this week:
- Writing a sales letter for a client’s real estate investing event
- Writing commercials scripts for a client who is recording commercials for HGTV
- Writing blog posts for six different investors
- Building out a real estate investing site that I bought recently (part of a partnership with another investor
- Pushing forward on a couple of books for a couple of clients
- Doing some lead extraction for a client who has a big list and needs to narrow down his list into more targeted segments
- I have my own two books that I’m writing, which were put on hold over that past few weeks while I caught up on some things and went away for a bit. But now I’m back and pushing these forward!
And a few other things of course!
Well, that’s all the time I have to chat. Time to pour myself another mug of coffee and get back at it!
I love investing. Stocks, real estate, businesses, you name it.
Here are the 17 rules I invest by.
- Every investment has a return: Either money or education.
- Don’t be an investor: Be an engineer. Don’t invest in anything you can’t control (and learn the levers that will provide a return).
- Redefine your idea of risk.
- It’s impossible to completely derisk any investment.
- Invest primarily for cash flow.
- Define why you are going to invest in something. (For me, I almost always build my investment decisions around what a business’ sales funnel looks like.)
- Define what would make you sell it: List specific triggers with all possible exits.
- Do your due diligence.
- Become an expert in just a few things: You can’t fully diversify so instead go the other way and become an expert on a few things.
- There is no such thing as passive income.
- Reinvest a portion of your income into more investments.
- Be courageous — things will fluctuate.
- If you want to scale, you need a system.
- Master yourself and get comfortable with uncertainty.
- Be a contrarian.
- Decision, action, and commitment are the 3 qualities of an investor.
- There is no perfect time or perfect investment. There is only “pretty good right now for me.”
Last week was EXHAUSTING. Fun but exhausting.
So it was doubly nice that my wife and I were able to get away for the weekend: We joined some friends at a lodge on a lake about an hour and half outside of the city. There were a couple dozen of us, we rented the place out and hung out, played games, did some snowshoeing and skating, and ate a lot… it was a good time.
I can’t say it was an overly restful weekend (I’m pretty tired today) but the change of scenery was nice.
Now I’m back in my chair, doing what I do. Had a pretty productive morning so far and I’m looking forward to a great week.
Here are some highlights of what’s cooking this week:
- Writing 2 books for clients and 1 book for myself. I should be able to get a couple chapters done in each of them
- Writing blog posts for a real estate investing network
- Writing websites for six clients
- Putting together sales funnels for a couple of clients who want to narrow down their target markets and elicit more action from these audiences
- I’ve also got a couple of ebooks that I’ve written for a client and he’s reviewing them but the review is dragging on… so I need to get that moving forward because I want to wrap them up!
Hope you have a great week! Stay productive!!!
This week is jam packed — more than usual. Love it!
Here’s what’s cooking just today…
- Write 3 blog posts about investing in Canada for a real estate investing education network
- Write 4 blog posts about investing through a 401(k) for a large real estate investing firm
- Revise the sales copy for a 3-day mastermind that my client is offering
- Write an email newsletter for a real estate investor
- Write 2 blog posts about real estate flips for a real estate investor
- Revise a small piece of copy for a client who is sending it out with a thank-you gift to his clients
- Finish a blog post about mobile home investing for a real estate investor
- Edit a short report for a client to prep it for publishing
- Put a plan together on a few different ideas that a client had — just trying to see how we can fit these ideas into his sales funnel
- Sending a proposal to a prospective client
- Writing the sales copy for a joint venture project I’m collaborating on
- Reading a book as part of a book review
- Working on a presentation I have to give later in the week
- Meeting with someone who I might be doing a real estate deal with
- Finish sending invoices for January
Somewhere in there I need to workout.
… And that’s my Monday. Tuesday through Friday look about the same. So I’m signing off this blog and buckling down!