My weekend was BUSY and that has put me a half-step behind on the upcoming week.
Early Saturday morning, a vacationing friend had a brief layover in Winnipeg so I grabbed a coffee with him. And then later that afternoon, some other friends stopped for the night while on their vacation. Unfortunately, on Sunday morning while we were doing a bit of sightseeing, their car was broken into so they stayed another night to get their car repaired.
So it’s Monday morning and our house is chaos with my friends calling around to fix their car plus their 3 kids running amok. I’m down here in the office, working diligently and staying out of the melee!
One of the other things that really set me back last week was a group of articles that took twice as long to write. I’m not sure why that is. It doesn’t have anything to do with “inspiration” or “writers block” or anything like that. They just dragged out longer than they should have and, thus, pushed everything else back.
Fortunately, there’s enough flex in my schedule that I can overcome these tiny setbacks in only a day or two.
Here’s what I’m working on this week:
- I’m doing a joint venture with someone else to sell an ebook about freelance writing. It’s going really well but I didn’t quite get it done last week (and, of course, I didn’t work on it at all this weekend). So I’m racing to finish it today.
- Similarly, a client’s ebook needs to be wrapped and I thought I’d get that done last week (or this weekend) but it didn’t happen either. Wrapping that this week.
- My 100 proposals in 100 days challenge is going well. I’m loving the new habit and the challenge — it’s really forcing me to push myself and I’m seeing some cool results. I’ll blog a bit more about that this week. The one thing I’m trying to do a better job of is pre-plan some of my proposals. It really makes the proposal writing process faster and more enjoyable.
- I also sent off some client work late last week. It’s the very first work I did for a brand new client and I should get the first review back this week. Looking forward to that. It’s also a fun process to get to know a new client and the style they need.
- I’m also hammering away on a couple of books. Editing for my Sales Funnel Bible, initial content for another book I’m co-writing with a real estate investor, and a third book I’m writing for a mortgage broker.
Well, enough chitchat. Time to get back to work!