I hope you’ve enjoyed reading them as much as I have enjoyed writing them! The discipline of trying to write regularly (every day or just about) was really the key in helping me push through to achieve critical mass. I highly recommend writing your book like this. (Confession: There were a few times when I “cheated” a bit and published a couple chapters on one day. Hey, the in-laws were here so I couldn’t sneak out to the office).
So what’s next? Here’s what’s on the docket to finish up this book:
- Rearrange the chapters. For the most part, I was quite happy with the order of the chapters but there are a couple of places where I’m thinking that I want to re-order the chapters.
- Finish the chapters. Each chapter posted on this blog is just an excerpt — in most cases only about one-third to one-half of the actual chapter. I need to finish writing them. I know what I plan to say for almost each chapter, I just have to hammer out the words.
- Fill in the gaps. I feel like there are gaps between what I say and what I need to say. A couple of times, big sections of concepts are missing, as if I finished one chapter, made a giant leap over an idea, and then started another chapter. I need to review the book to make sure that each chapter follows logically and “passes the baton” from one chapter cleanly into the next.
- Add the other stuff. I’ve got notes for an introduction and for an appendix. I need to finish those.
- And editing. Of course.
- Fix the title. I’ve only recently noticed a problem with the title. I sometimes call the book “The Sales Funnel Bible” and I sometimes call the book “Sales Funnel Bible”. I need to get that unified, although that’s not a huge deal right now.
- Work on a cover. A book needs a cover.
As someone who has written several books before (but those other books were all for clients), I can tell you that these are pretty easy and fast to do overall but there are times when it gets really arduous. Especially the gap-filling and the editing. But I’m so close to being done so I’m anxious to press on!