2012 is almost over. We’re less than a day away from a brand new year.
I love the new year! It’s new and fresh and untouched — ready for whatever I decide to imprint upon it. And I love that, by the end of 2013, I’ll look back and my fingerprint will be on the year. THAT is motivation for me to make it my best year yet.
As you get ready for the new year, take a moment to think about the answers to these 13 questions. The answers could potentially transform 2013 for you.
- What did you like about 2012 that you want to preserve (and even improve upon) in 2013?
- What did you not like about 2012 that you are leaving behind at 11:59:59 tonight, never to think of again?
- What resolutions/goals/commitments did you make in 2012?
- Did you keep those resolutions? (Why or why not?)
- What resolutions/goals/commitments are you adopting for the new year?
- What will you do differently this year to ensure that you keep them?
- What could you do differently to not only achieve your resolutions but surpass (and perhaps even double) them this year?
- What personal faults do you have that you are going to overcome this year?
- What do you fear and how can you face it to overcome it?
- What do you currently not know that would accelerate your success this year if you knew it?
- What are all of the relationships you have and how can you add value to each one this year?
- Who do you want to be at the end of 2013?
- What needs to transpire in the next 365 days for you to be that person?
If you answer these questions (and constantly revisit your answers), 2013 could be your best year yet!