This is the last week of summer already? Yikes!
Well here’s what I’ve been working on lately:
- I’ve got a busy week planned this week. It starts today with my 10,000 word-count day (which is something I try to do Monday, Wednesday, and Friday).
- I also hammered out my table of contents for my book last week so I started in on the actual book content today. (Confession: This is the third attempt at a table of contents. The first attempt approached the work in a different way and just wasn’t as helpful. The second attempt was closer to how I wanted to handle the material but was too pedantic. With this third attempt, I think I’ve found a nice balance between being thorough and user-friendly. So I just wrote the first chapter today (before writing this blog). I’m happy with it.
- I should be starting a new project for a new client this week. Yes, I said I was only going to keep 2-3 clients at a time, and I’ve been pretty good at doing that, but one of my clients referred another client to me… how can I say no to that?!? It’s a copywriting project in the real estate investing space. Looking forward to it very much.
- I’ve also been in talks with a company to do some speaking/training/teaching for them. I can’t give a lot more details than that right now but it’s moving along (although a little slower than I’d like) and if I can get it going, I’ll have achieved another goal for my year.
- Did you know that there are over 67,000 homeless veterans living in the US? That is a shocking number. So one of my clients has started up an organization that gives away homes to homeless veterans. I’ve become pretty involved in the process by doing some of the writing for the organization and for their first event. The first house giveaway is this coming Saturday (September 1st) at 2PM Eastern. It’s being broadcast live at HouseGiveaway.org. I had the chance to be there in person but my schedule wouldn’t allow the travel so I’ll be logged in online to watch. I hope you watch and support this cause as well.
- I have a couple of other brands that I own or am partnered on that I have reluctantly neglected and am getting some traction on the content for them. I’ll talk more about them soon.
Good luck! Have a productive week. If there’s anything I can help you with, please get in touch.