Introducing a new series on my blog – High Octane Headlines.
In High Octane Headlines, I create and dissect a powerful headline and examine why it helps to capture your readers’ attention and drive them to read more.
The following headline might be used for financial software such as a FOREX app that alerts you to buying and selling opportunities…
Who else wants $2,125 in 9 minutes with this while-you-sleep simple FOREX secret?
Why this headline works
- “Who else wants” sets up a question that the well-targeted reader will answer: “Me!”
- “else” implies that other people have already succeeded with the same offer.
- “$2,125” is a specific number and specific numbers sell. They’re much more effective than generalizations like “thousands” or “$2,000” or “over $2,000” or “21.6% ROI”.
- “in 9 minutes” this highlights the speed, providing an extra benefit… plus it’s also very specific.
- “with this while-you-sleep simple” emphasizes the simplicity of the system — and note that it is passive (“while you sleep”), which makes it more attractive to readers
- “FOREX secret” gives it an element of exclusivity (compared to a “system” or a “strategy” or just “software”).