Thought I’d give you a quick update so you know what’s keeping me busy:
I’ve had the hood up on my blog recently, trying to optimize it a bit better and to clear up some annoying internal server errors that have cropped up. Just spent the evening with some dude at tech support and although it was time consuming, I think it has made a dramatic difference in the performance of my blog. Time will tell.
On top of that, one of my clients has a HUGE publishing deadline coming up and their entire office (including yours truly) is hard at work to meet the deadline. The only problem? The technical implementation may not be done by the time the content about the technical implementation is supposed to be published. Think of it this way: If my job was to write an instructional manual about how to build a chair, but there was no chair and people weren’t exactly sure what the chair would look like… that’s what we’re facing right now. So it’s turning into a lot of meetings and round-the-clock work.
I’ve got a few other clients on the go, including an accountant, a technical communication company, a retail store, and an investing news site.
And somewhere in there I’m getting to my book proposal, which I’m hoping to send out in the next couple of weeks.
Oh, and it’s my wife’s birthday coming up.
And I’m remodeling my house and some of the work on the kitchen is a bit overdue.
So I’ve got one or two things are going on right now. :)
But the blog optimization is a big win for me because it was totally distracting. It’s not perfect but you should notice that it’s loading faster and you shouldn’t encounter any internal server errors when you view the pages.