Everything you enjoy about business lunches is now available on Twitter with Business Lunch Club. If you find yourself unable to have a real business lunch, simply tweet while you eat and add the hashtags #businesslunchclub, #bizlunchclub, or #blc.
Here are some ideas to get the benefits of a business lunch from Business Lunch Club.
1. Find others who are stuck at their desks over lunch. You’ll make your at-your-desk time far more productive while you eat.
For example: Stuck at my desk. Anyone else in the same boat? #businesslunchclub
2. Start a discussion about a topic that you might normally talk about over lunch. You’ll engage others in topics that interest you and shape the discussion on Twitter.
For example: How has the economy been impacting your lead generation? #businesslunchclub
3. Participate in a discussion that someone else has started. You’ll add value to other people as you talk with them. Several people can join in at once, just like a real discussion.
For example: Re: lead-gen I’ve had to really ramp up the value of my offering. How about you? #businesslunchclub
4. Ask for help. Leverage your relationships to ask professionals for advice on issues you face in business.
For example: Can anyone point me to a good online bookkeeping system? #businesslunchclub
5. Get to know your followers. You have lots of followers but how well do you know them? Get to know them a bit better and perhaps you’ll discover some potential opportunities.
For example: Taking a break from work for #businesslunchclub. @IAC_Heather tell me a bit about your business
6. Talk about a joint venture or collaboration idea. Twitter is the perfect place to start up a discussion, test interest, and find experts to collaborate.
For example: @AaronHoos I’d like to work together on an ebook about sales. #businesslunchclub
7. Introduce a couple of colleagues who you think are a good match for each other. Network and help others to network. This is like #FollowFriday but far more focused.
For example: @IAC_Heather, you should talk to @AaronHoos about that book you’d like to write #businesslunchclub
8. Visit BusinessLunchClub.com and meet other people who are #businesslunchclub participants. Follow them to gain access to a whole new network of people interested in win-win business growth.
For example: Hi @AaronHoos I saw you on BusinessLunchClub.com and wanted to follow you #businesslunchclub